Engineering Technician II (Job Number:441367)
- The Engineering Technician will Integrate, test, troubleshoot and repair production related electrical and mechanical components, for military systems, by apply principles and theories of mechanical and electrical systems using engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing.
- The Engineering Technician will work under the direction of team Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test product, using standard test equipment and procedures, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Assemble, test, and maintain mechanical or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronics, using hand and power tools.
- Read schematic drawings and engineering instructions for assembling line replaceable units, applying knowledge of mechanical and electronic
- Build prototypes from rough sketches or plans.
- Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Maintain documentation of testing and equipment operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- Procure parts and maintain inventory and related documentation.
- Research equipment and component needs and sources.
- Write reports and record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
- Provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and to provide information on product use.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills – Use of computer and basic computer software, i.e. Windows©, MS Office©. Basic understanding of use and operation of lab test equipment. Ability to adapt work flow to minimize test times.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; 0 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must be DoD Clearance
Eligible Computer Skills:
- Knowledge of Window XP operating system and Microsoft application software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Apply mathematical skills to solve problems.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 8:18:16 AM
Primary Location: United States-IN-BEDFORD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job