Information Technology Specialists Level III (Job Number:441215)
SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will coordinate Joint Operations Center (JOC) information technology (IT) support with organizations such as the USCYBERCOM J6 – Command and Control C4 Systems and Information Technology, Eagle Alliance, Global Enterprise Command Center (GECC), and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
Daily activities include:
- Identify user requirements and describes services available or refers inquires to other staff
- Provide technical support of a limited scope to users and assists them in defining and solving computing problems within well-defined areas of responsibility
- Assist in preparing documentation of supported products for users
- Assist in preparing user training materials and conducts training sessions as assigned
- Perform programming tasks of limited scope to assist users
- Appy knowledge of computer science principles, information management principles, data processing functions, and Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems structures and operations, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automation problems
- Address scientific engineering or business objectives by writing, modifying, or adapting computer programs in machine level, assembly, and third or fourth generation programming languages
- Interface with and uses minicomputer and main computer systems in addressing project objectives
- Identify and use standard, unconventional, and original mathematical, algorithmic, and programmatic approaches to define, plan, organize, design, develop, modify, test, and integrate database or data processing systems, computer hardware systems and simulation models.
- Formulate architectural designs, functional specifications, interfaces, and documentation or hardware or software systems, considering system interrelationships, operating models, and software or equipment configurations.
- Develop design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure
- Research unconventional of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications, or adaptions of standardized techniques
- Develop project plans, guidelines, and controls
- Possesses demonstrated expert-level experience in planning and managing large-scale upgrades, planning and scheduling large-scale migration activities, designing, installing, configuring, operating LANs, and WANs, and providing expert administrative skills to solve challenging IT issues
- Effectively communicate, coordinate efforts, and establishes customer relations
- Provide top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
- Create detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as an IT Specialist with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum DoD 8140/DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (GSEC, Sec+, SSCP, CCNA Sec)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph (or the ability to obtain a polygraph prior to employment)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 2:32:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job