District of Columbia
Engineer IV (Job Number:441229)
- SAIC is seeking a Senior Engineer at our Washington, DC location to support to the Program Executive Office Submarines (PEO SUB) Program Offices by performing programmatic and logistics functions.
- Apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to research and develop solutions to technical problems associated with undersea weapons.
- Perform technical and engineering management functions to technically support development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems.
- Develop significant alterations to existing systems, equipment or platforms to support the warfighter
- Support management of technical resources, technical data, manpower and personnel.
- Provide assistance with the development of engineering support plans and methodologies, production contracts, and Navy production management.
- Prepare and implement directives to ensure effective engineering technical support, and establish and enforce standards to ensure that the assigned work force is properly trained and equipped.
- Develop, initiate, integrate and manage all engineering actions associated with technical management of weapon systems, subsystems and equipment.
- Develop formal correspondence and reports.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters level degree in any engineering discipline.
- 10 years professional experience in engineering.
- Experience with Navy acquisition and/or In-Service Programs.
- Experience leading a project and interfacing with an end item customer.
- Five or more years of experience working with Navy Torpedo Defense programs.
- Knowledgeable of production contracts, and Navy production management.
- Active secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 7:27:53 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job