SAIC is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
• Provide efficient and effective Operations Support of all supported network servers, both physical and virtual, as necessary to meet or exceed agency’s operational availability and performance requirements.
• Provide for accurate, complete, and timely recording and reporting of all technical support-related activities, issues, and outcomes.
• Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for server operations to ensure continuity of agency's business operations and timely recovery.
• Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to monitored servers to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and support trend analysis and forecasting.
• Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure supported network servers meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
• Excellent communication, customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and problem determination/resolution skills.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: