IT Infrastructure Engineer (Job Number:441210)
SAIC is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
• Provide efficient and effective Operations Support of all supported network servers, both physical and virtual, as necessary to meet or exceed agency’s operational availability and performance requirements.
• Provide for accurate, complete, and timely recording and reporting of all technical support-related activities, issues, and outcomes.
• Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for server operations to ensure continuity of agency's business operations and timely recovery.
• Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to monitored servers to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and support trend analysis and forecasting.
• Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure supported network servers meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
• Excellent communication, customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and problem determination/resolution skills.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related experience.
• Solid knowledge of Linux, operating systems concepts and extensive systems administration experience related to CentOS, RedHat and/or SuSE.
• Experience with one or more of the following Windows Server administration tools: WSUS, Group Policy, Active Directory, RDP, and Windows Server troubleshooting.
• GOTS/COTS application, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting; including OS hardening.
• Dell Hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting; including Server RAID Array.
• Experience with Hyper-V and/or VMWare virtualization.
• Preferred certification: Security+ and OS certification, Linux+, RedHat, Microsoft, etc.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 7:42:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job