Cybersecurity - Senior Technical Advisor (Job Number:441359)
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Cybersecurity - Senior Technical Advisor. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Architects, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in- depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- At the Leadership level this is senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Cybersecurity or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Cybersecurity Management and Policy or relevant information technology degree.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience with real-time isolation and mitigation of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and development of operational level cyber defense solutions for Navy and/or DoD Networks.
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and DoN Chief Information Officer (CIO) Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Four (4) years of experience with Navy C4ISR ashore and afloat networks or relevant DoD network architectures.
- Deployable to support Navy operational requirements, Navy exercises and implementation of Navy Speed to Capability special projects.
- Eligible for a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance (i.e. must hold a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been adjudicated to Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) -704 standards within five years).
- ISC2 SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
- ISC2 CCFP (Certified Cyber Forensics Professional)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Continuous Monitoring (GMON)
- EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (CIH) Employee able to telecommute occasionally with approval from COR.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 10:33:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job