This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a qualified Experimental Physicist with a minimum of 2 years of experience performing sophisticated experiments in solid state quantum physics. The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial and enthusiastic group advancing computation and communications technology by exploring quantum and optical phenomena. The candidate will support experimental efforts in superconducting quantum computing at mK-temperatures. Experience performing high-frequency and low-noise measurements is required. Position responsibilities will include developing and conducting novel experiments to demonstrate advanced concepts in quantum computing and multi-qubit superconducting systems. These experiments could include system characterization and studies in error detection and correction. The candidate may support designing superconducting components and low-noise packaging in support of experiments in quantum information processing.
• Conduct mK-temperature high-frequency low-noise quantum computing experiments
• Work collaboratively within small experienced teams and with academic partners
• Present accomplishments and teach concepts to teammates, sponsors, and conference audiences
• Advanced degree in Physics, Engineering, or similar
• Significant research experience with mK high-frequency low-noise measurements
• Experience automating experiments using Python
• Experience performing single and two qubit gates is highly desirable
• Experience with high-performing teams publishing and presenting their achievements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to apply and obtain a US Government security clearance. US citizenship required
• Advanced degree in Physics or Engineering or related field
• 2-years experience in physics and/or QC laboratory
• Programming experience with Python, Julia, and/or C/C++, experimental data analysis using Matlab, numpy, and/or other similar tools.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.