General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
1. Perform extensive hands on network router and switch operational administration and troubleshooting duties.
2. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
3. Experience troubleshooting CISCO VoIP call managers and client technologies
4. Experience working with, configuring, and troubleshooting Type I encryption devices (KG-175’s, KG-250’s, & KG-255’s)
5. Must possess a working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, phones, & VTC related network hardware and software.
6. Experience working with Riverbed and F5 devices a plus.
7. In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and ability to troubleshoot.
8. Install and support data center and enterprise routers and switches
9. Performs testing of new network equipment and document results for implementation
10. Knowledge of remediation methodologies in accordance with DISA compliance standards and checklists (STIGs and SRGs).
11. Develop internal team training guides.
12. In-depth knowledge SolarWinds modules and REGEX a plus.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. May be required to work overtime and carry a rotating recall phone for after-hours or weekend support.
1. 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop
5. Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
6. Must have current CCNA R&S for elevated privileges on the network.
9. Minimum Security + CE required for positions requiring elevated privileges on the network.
10. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
11. The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions, and adherence to GD-IT and local command dress code.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.