General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and integration work that may include infrastructure and database services, development of cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems/applications and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
15. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
1. 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II (Security+ CE or equivalent) access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
4. Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Service Manager including troubleshooting and problem resolution (highly desired)
5. Understanding of the other System Center Products and how they integrate with SCSM, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Orchestrator, System Center Operations Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (highly desired)
6. MCITP (2008) and/or MCSA/MCSE (2012/2016) (highly desired)
7. Experience with ITIL Foundations, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Request Management
8. Experience with systems troubleshooting
9. Experience with system engineering and design
10. Depending on job assignment, additional professional certifications in one or more specific technologies may be required
11. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
12. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. #BICES and #CJPOST
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.