Spaceflight Hardware Quality Engineer (Job Number:441435)
SAIC is seeking a Spaceflight Hardware Quality Engineer on the OMES II contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of the Mission Control System segment of the Ground System for Restore-L. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services.
• Performs required Spaceflight Hardware Quality Engineering functions throughout the spaceflight hardware development lifecycle.
• Perform in-process and final hardware inspections for compliance with applicable aerospace workmanship standards (NASA Workmanship, IPC J-standard, etc.)
• Witness engineering activities related to hardware development including integration and test, vibration, and thermal vacuum procedures ensuring all steps are properly completed and documented accurately and in a timely manner.
• Review and approve engineering documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, work order travelers, and technical plans to ensure compliance with agency, center, and mission requirements.
• Perform supplier surveillance activities at subcontractor facilities including, but not limited to: initial process capability assessments and quality management system evaluations and audits, in-process and final product inspections at mandatory inspection points (MIPs), critical activity and test witnessing, document review and approval, material review board participation, and supplier corrective action request (SCAR) issuance and resolution.
• Assist engineers by providing expertise and guidance in ensuring all statutory, regulatory, and technical requirements are compiled during development.
• Perform ad-hoc data and process reviews and analyses as required to assist in determining root causes and effective corrective actions for problems, failures, and anomalies.
- Participate in technical reviews, material review boards (MRBs) and failure review boards (FRBs), as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in an engineering-related discipline) and 5 years of aerospace hardware quality-related experience.
• Must have hands-on hardware workmanship inspection experience.
• Experience operating in controlled workspaces due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive device or cleanroom protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately assess situations and ensure issues are escalated to the level of technical and management personnel.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time during some phases of development.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of a variety of organizations.
• Workmanship inspection certification to the NASA Workmanship Standards and/or IPC J-STD-001.
• ISO 9001 or AS9100 auditor training/certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 26, 2018, 10:13:06 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job