Spacecraft Integration and Test Engineer (Job Number:441444)
SAIC is seeking a Spacecraft Integration and Test Engineer to join our Roxborough Park, CO based team. The position provides direct support to the local government customer on spacecraft procurement, production, integration, test, and launch.
- Monitor spacecraft integration and test planning and execution by attending prime contractor daily status and planning meetings and observing spacecraft production activities in nearby buildings.
- Evaluate contractor plans/schedules for both contract baseline spacecraft production activities and changes proposed to the baseline. Provide recommendations to the customer on the technical, cost, and schedule scope of the proposed plans and schedules.
- Serve as customer representative to real time integration activities by participating on the support team for mechanical operations serving as both safety and quality assurance.
- Serve on the launch base team attending daily status meetings, coordinating solutions to technical and schedule issues, plan and conduct rehearsals, and support Day Of Launch activities
- Evaluate non-conformance situations and coordinate solutions with customer and contractor to achieve cost, schedule, and technical mission success.
- Provide infrequent second shift or weekend support to mechanical or launch operations and rehearsal activities.
- Occasional travel in the US about once a month for up to 3 days. Launch support may require a few weeks at the launch base.
Required Education and Experience
- Engineering/science degree or significant applicable experience with satellite or launch vehicle production
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in spacecraft or launch vehicle procurement, production, or launch
- Flexible self-starter with good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Current or recent TS/SCI with polygraph
- Quality Assurance experience
- Program safety and launch operations experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 3:20:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-ROXBOROUGH PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job