General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Global Solutions Division of GDIT is hiring a Billing Supervisor to work out of our Falls Church, VA office.
As the Billing Supervisor you will oversee and direct the work of assigned Billing Accountants. Providing guidance and work leadership in support of Government and Commercial contracts. You will support, maintain and help determine the appropriate course of action on complex issues. As necessary, understand the basic contract document and collaborate with Billing Management, Business unit finance analyst, Contracts team, and other key division contacts to devise a project structure that considers billing requirements. Continually assess and report ongoing issues to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes. ) I.e. Setup meetings, Accounting System testing, and/or other working groups).
1. Primary responsibiltiy is to continually monitor and assign projects to the staff ensuring that the necessary billing validation steps, invoicing requirements and practices are in accordance with the contract and GDIT policies and procedures.
2. Review billing/audit packages, customer invoices and applicable financial records submitted by subordinate staff responsible for the day to day operations for accuracy and timely submissions prior to release in the Accounting system.
3. Performs routine review of assigned workload to balance assignments among staff by analyzing invoice metrics and other tools.
4. Training, mentoring and development, including cross training of staff to reduce stand alone processess.
5. Prepare for and actively participate in monthly AR dashboard meetings reviewing receivable balances (both billed and unbilled) by providing clear and concise explanations.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant accounting regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Participates in audits and special projects as required.
8-10 years of related accounting experience preferably in the Government Contracting industry are required.
Minimum 8 years of Government billing experience including familiarity with customer submission methods and invoicing are required.
8 years of Supervisory experience, as well as proficiency with Oracle accounting systems and MS excel software required. Costpoint accounting systems also considered.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.