full-time employee contract
ManTech is looking for an Artificial Intelligence SME with data scientist experience with an emphasis on machine learning and scalable computing. This is an opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds to work on the most complex challenges at a global scale to transform the National Security environment. This position is on site in Stafford, VA
· Provide leadership and mentorship to Capability Development team in all aspects of AI.
· Apply extensive domain expertise and systems theory acumen to develop multiple insights and approaches for complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and deep understanding of existing methods to development of solutions.
· Conduct original research and recommend the appropriate systems, tools and methodologies to meet Marine Corps requirements, enable evidence based decision making by providing timely, actionable, and forward-looking insights to leadership and decision makers
· Use technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate enterprise and open source big data with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights that can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing mission problem
· Analyze and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations and leverage foundational comprehension of mathematical and statistical concepts, algorithm development, feature engineering, model selection, training testing and validation of different models, pipeline generation, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between decision makers and technical experts, ensuring data or modeling solutions meet business requirements
· As new AI technologies are available in the market place, the SME must be able to determine its applicability to use cases where it can enhance capabilities.
· Shape abstract, ambiguous goals into tangible, and scientifically-backed experiences.
· Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment
· Communicate effectively and present models to decision makers and senior leadership
· Champions innovation, and thinking differently and creative approaches
· Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
· Anticipate needs and formulate solutions to accomplish objectives
· Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
Mandatory Required Experience:
· A minimum of a secret security clearance with ability to be cleared for a TS/SCI clearance.
· 7+ years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools to include one or more of the following: neural networks, deep learning, regression, classification, or clustering and understanding of utilization of cloud services??
· Deep aptitude and understanding of technical architectures and current state of the market in several technology areas.
· Proficient at quickly reading and understanding scientific papers in new domains, and apply previous research to create new designs, while remaining abreast of current design trends, scientific advances, and software development practices.
· Proven experience in managing the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and sustainment.
· Proven experience integrating a variety of AI software solutions with leading edge technologies and other hardware
· Proven experience in delivering impactful large-scale custom development and/or systems integration solutions and lasting change