General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Support the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program with Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) PMA-231 E-2C Japan Program, providing a wide range of program, logistics, and administrative support. Identifies requirements, develops, tracks, and resolves action items, resolves technology issues, writes, manages program correspondence and documentation. Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
7. Understand technical publications and ability to research. Utilize NATEC website.
2-5 years of related experience in logistics, management, traffic and/or supply chain management.
1.Strong communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate, with a team, and present information in a public forum if needed.
2. Ability to work independently when needed with very little supervision.
3. Familiarity with Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) aircraft publications, and procedures, as well as those of Naval Air Technical Data and Engineering Service Center (NATEC)
4. Familiarity with E-2C aircraft is a plus.
5. Analysis experience utilizing NAVAIR and NAVSUPWSS support systems such as One Touch Support, Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP), Vector Analytics are a plus.
6. Ability to maintain a Secret clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.