General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Resource will be responsible for global installation and engineering of IT networks and Systems. Resource will be based in the WMA, but is expected to travel to multiple location for 60-80% of their time.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
• Provide professional installation of network and video systems in harsh environments, both internal and external to facilities
• Ability to learn and install video systems, network systems and satellite systems
• Ability to write build-to, as-build, and create other baseline documents
• Function in accordance with the project management framework tailored to mission needs
• Must be able to collect and distill user requirements to technical system requirements
• Must be able to document and articulate complicated system designs into required technical documents associated with different phases of the project management process, to include design documents, implementation plans, test plans
• Must be able to engage in technical system planning beyond the network, to include applications and systems that utilize the network being delivered.
• Must be able to learn new technologies and characteristics of collection systems and how they affect or are effected by network characteristics
• Implementation of LAN and WAN equipment including firewalls, servers, workstations, routers, switches, hubs, storage devices, A/V equipment and equipment racks.
• Multi-floor fiber installation and quality assurance
Duties include (but not limited to): outside cabling and coax running (inclusive of digging trenches), setting up satellite dishes and configuring cameras, routers, computer hardware/software, security cameras, racks, fiber installation, A/V equipment installation.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.