Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi–disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Windows infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, desktop and workstation installation and configuration; hard disk cloning and imaging via Ghost, MDT, and other tools; hardware relocation; user accounts management; software installation and support; data backup and restoration and file and folder access management.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune’s Global 500, ComputerWorld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017,” and Human Rights Campaign 2017 “Best Place to Work” for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Current Secret clearance
- Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
- Provide timely technical support for users and work with them to solve existing problems
- Apply hardening security settings
- Active Directory Object Management (ie. User, computer, groups)
- Manage NTFS/NFS and share permissions
- Identify, analyze and remediate technical challenges
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
- Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management
- Create and maintains technical and detailed design documentation
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- 4+ year’s experience in support of Microsoft Windows desktops (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10)
- In-depth experience deploying Windows workstations and migrating end-user data
- In-depth experience with cloning techniques
- In-depth knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Services administration and support (e.g. user and computer objects administration, Group Policy)
- Understanding of network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. DC, DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Experience with supporting desktop / workstation /server hardware
- Experience with an IT incident/service request system
- Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Security + or equivalent within 6 months of hire
Minimum Education Required:
- Windows command line and related utilities
- VMWare VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
- Automation vis scripting
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
- Exchange and Lync
- Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
- Support experience with engineering applications such as MatLab, Nation Interments and Subversion
- Industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows or Linux System Administrator.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related technical discipline and a minimum of 4 years related experience
or in lieu of a Bachelor's in a STEM related discipline, 12 years of related experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.