Request Management and Fulfillment Lead (Job Number:441544)
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Request Management and Fulfillment (RM&F) Team Lead to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The RM&F Team Lead is key in raising the current levels of Release Management maturity by managing the source code management system, automating builds and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used to aid with deployments, and coordinating the push of new releases through multiple environments. The ideal candidate must also serve as a backup to all position responsibilities using legacy technology and implement capabilities throughout the enterprise for a large infrastructure support program. Essential duties of this position include:
- Drive execution of all changes to the environment within the Request Management Console
- Expert knowledge of the ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Request Management
- Communicate effectively by using dashboards, power points, and reports.
- Execute a holistic view across the Service Management disciplines
- Communicate with stakeholders all levels of request management process
- Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics; Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks.
- Interfaces with all service stakeholders including customer, systems, and technology.
- Ensures compliance with Request Management policies and agency guidelines.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance.
- Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines.
- May coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
This position is involved in ensuring integration with the other Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Event Management and all areas of the ITIL framework. The RM&F Team Lead stays abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual service improvement. You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and reporting capability of IT services. The RM&F Team Lead will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
Background / Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent will be considered in lieu of degree with an additional 4+ years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in the ITIL driven IT management environment, preferably in a Service Request and Request Management position
- At least 1 year of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
- Commands respect for knowledge, experience and excellence within the specific area of Request Management
- Very good English communication skills (written and oral), with experience interacting with all levels of management both within Company and Customer organizations
- Good understanding of production IT Environment and IT Operations
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong administrative skills and ability to multi-task.
- Candidate should be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Candidate must be a team player.
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- The successful candidate will have exceptional oral and written communication abilities
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or higher, preferred.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, and Access), and Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job