Data Center Technician (Job Number:441518)
- SAIC is currently seeking a Data Center Technician the U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) C4ES program. Work location MacDill Air Force Base; Tampa, Florida.
- Using advanced knowledge and specialized training within Data Center management field; designs, develops, and implements standards for maintaining production server room (environmental checks, physical inspection, cleaning, etc).
- Independently forecasts power requirements USCENTCOM production server room facilities
- Independently develops racking and configuration standards for USCENTCOM production facilities
- Independently designs, develops, and implements routine environmental checks for production facilities
- Acts as primary and secondary escalation for on-call support for production systems
- With minimal or no direction: designs, develops, and overseas implements for space utilization requirements (physical equipment placement) with multiple data center rooms throughout the USCENTCOM facility
- Developed standards documents based on industry best practices to support all designs, obtained buy in for standards, and published standards within the enterprise
- Maintains technical expertise in all facets of physical wiring and cablings. Ensure all current setup and future implementation meets industry best practices.
- All C4ES personnel are required to have a valid passport in the event travel to the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility is necessary.
- Travel up to 10% of time to international locations
- Ability to identify hardware failures and work within the limits of a defined process to get hardware running or replace entire servers
- Ability to regularly lift and move server systems that weigh up to 70 lbs.
- Fanatic attention to detail. Accuracy in inventory, trouble tickets, asset tag updates, wiring plans, etc. is essential to the customer and is critical to this role
- Demonstrated strong ownership, self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work successfully with geographically dispersed teams
- Security Clearance Requirement: Requires a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- High School Diploma with 5+ years related experience
- Experience racking servers and switches in data center environment
- Experience running cable in data center environment.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Desired Education and Skills:
- MCP/MCSE Certification is a plus
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Security+
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 12:09:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job