SAIC is seeking experienced, energetic,full- stack software developers to join our team as we continue to provide digital transformation services to our customers.
The successful candidate will be excited to work in an agile DevSecOps environment and will have experience developing web applications, including both client user interfaces as well as REST/SOAP services. The candidate should have familiarity developing applications that use virtualization, containers, and cloud services – with a focus on platforms such as Java, OpenShift, and Kubernetes.
Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market. In SAIC’s Software Solutions organization, we are transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers throughout the federal government. Our matrix structure enables career mobility across 150+ projects within our software portfolio.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software applications as part of an agile DevSecOps team
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements as documented in user stories
- Work with subject matter experts and testers to verify functionality against documented test cases- Work with cybersecurity engineers to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities
- A minimum of 9 years in relevant software development experience
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices - Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities - Strong organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple projects and associated deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to apply software support and troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to provide 24x7 support of applications as required
- UI/UX design and working with UI developers to finalize and implement their designs
- Cross-browser development and testing - Compliance with Section 508 accessibility requirements
- SQL and relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- General development tools such as Git, Eclipse / IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code, etc.
- Development and deployment with OpenShift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Ansible - Linux and Windows server environments