Senior Software Safety Engineer (Job Number:441463)
- International Space Station (ISS) Software Safety Engineer Organization: Safety and Mission Assurance (S&MA) Directorate, ISS Division, Software Assurance Group Position Purpose: Assure that software products are safe and capable of performing required safety functions.
- Our direct customer is the NASA ISS Software Safety Lead and by extension the NASA ISS S&MA Avionics and Software Lead.
- Other internal customers include the Vehicle Systems Engineering, Safety, Quality and Operations groups as well as the Software Group.
- ISS Safety analysis and recommendations for NASA/SAIC management via milestone and product reviews, ISS panels/boards and Certificate of Flight Readiness (CoFR).
- Assure that software safety design and operations specifications and products meet International Space Station Program (ISSP), Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) software safety requirements.
- Assess the ISS software development, test, verification, and change products and identify problems and noncompliances.
- Ensure compliance with Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021) and applicable NASA standards (7150, 8719, 8739).
- Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the NASA S&MA Software Team Manager.
- Participate in ISS on- orbit anomaly assessment process and evaluate safety compliance of proposed on-orbit software modifications.
- Participate in, and represent software S&MA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science or other software field or Engineering.
- 10+ years related experience.
- Good understanding of software and computers.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good critical/analytical thinking skills.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 8:02:57 AM
Primary Location: United States-TX-HOUSTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job