The Sr. Coordinator of Facilities is responsible for being the primary contact for stores, vendors and other Facilities Coordinators. The Sr. Coordinator must troubleshoot and resolve problems to keep facilities operating smoothly and to ensure the production of the store is not impeded upon.
A critical element of the Sr. Coordinator position is to participate in defining, developing, and improving the CarMax facilities organization.
This position functions as a mentor and a technical leader to others and is able to serve as an expert in supporting the Facilities team. This position is responsible for working directly with stores and simultaneously handling other departmental projects at one time.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinating high level special facility projects and remodels that require project timelines and communication to the Executive level.
• Receiving and resolving store facility work requests and emergency calls through a network of CarMax facility vendors. Handles approx. 5,000 maintenance work orders annually
• Utilizing the CarMax facilities system to manage work request status and facility vendor performance.
• Providing facilities maintenance assistance to CarMax store locations on a regional basis through effective collaboration with facility vendors, CarMax stores, and regional/corporate management
• Partners with multiple departments such as EH&S, Procurement, Loss Prevention, Legal, IT and Service Ops to determine compliance guidelines. Conducting periodic store visits and evaluate needs and solutions, estimate costs, and developing budgets.
• Serving as the primary relationship leader between several key CarMax facility vendors and the Facilities department. Works directly with the vendors and the stores to troubleshoot problems and determine the best resolution to the problem.
• Evaluating facility vendor management processes and developing best practices for measuring, monitoring, and reviewing performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to independently complete various tactical projects
• Expert technical skills to support the department in recommending facilities solutions and mentoring junior team members and direct consultants
• Able to problem-solve and implement solutions that meet business needs and effectively communicate the rational behind those solutions
• Able to convey and acknowledge differences of opinion in a positive and respectful manner
• Accurately prioritize work to meet timelines
• Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks on time sensitive schedules a must
• Presents oneself in a professional and positive way
• A minimum of 25% travel (and up to 50%) is required
• Available for 24 hour emergency calls
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Construction/Engineering degree preferred
• 5-7 years experience in project management or Facilities