Windows System Administrator (Job Number:441387)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC has an opening for an experienced Windows Systems Administrator. The primary responsibility is to provide Windows Systems Administration supporting a wide variety of systems across the enterprise. The primary duties will include all dimensions of Windows Server support including patching, installing, securing, upgrading and all related activities. Manages virtual and physical Windows servers, including server provisioning, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining, and performance optimization. The role will function on a team of system administrators in a large, complex environment and the successful person will work with a wide variety of teams. The position requires 2-3 years of current Windows Server experience including version 2012 and later.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED:
- Bachelors Degree or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience supporting Windows Servers in a server administrator role including patching, installing, troubleshooting backing up and all other aspects
- Technical knowledge of Windows systems to facilitate the install, troubleshooting and management of the core operating system and IIS
- Applicant must have strong customer service skills, communications skills, documentation skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Must have an active Security Clearance.
- Must have experience with VMware vSphere Suite of products
- Must understand Networking concepts such as vLAN tagging, subnetting, routing, link aggregates, LACP, trunking, etc. Understanding of Smart Card Authentication, ActivClient, and underlying infrastructure that is leveraged. (Certificate Authorities, etc.)
- Must maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry and be ready to make suggestions on various hardware, software, etc.
- Familiar with creating, monitoring and troubleshooting backup jobs Familiar with STIG compliance, DIACAP, RMF, patching and upgrade procedures
- Familiar with systems cryptography and security certificates to include TLS, SSO, SSL, tokens, and ECAs
- Familiar with SCCM and Windows Updates in an enterprise environment
- Active Directory and Group Policy management experience
- PowerShell experience or similar scripting experience
- Automation experience
- Cloud/VMWare experience
- 8570 Compliant (Security + and Computing Environment)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 10:53:58 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job