Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems: AEGIS Program Manager Representative Waterfront Support (Job Number:441547)
- As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team based at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington DC, the candidate will work remotely on the waterfront in San Diego, CA to ensure Combat Systems readiness of all locally based AEGIS destroyers.
- The individual will directly support the local government official in Everett, Washington who, as the Program Manager Representative (PMR), acts on behalf of the AEGIS Integrated Combat Systems Fleet Readiness Major Program Manager (PEO IWS 1 F).
- Work will focus directly on ensuring AEGIS Combat System (ACS) readiness for locally based ships.
- This will involve many activities including reviewing maintenance, certification and upgrade status based on frequent ship visits and constant communication with various local and remote stakeholders.
- This effort extends beyond material support to all areas related to combat readiness such as training, documentation, Cybersecurity and spares.
- Coordinate receipt and delivery of Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) material, CS Technical Operations Manuals (CSTOMS), AEGIS Capabilities and Limitations (C&L), adaptation data (to support CS alignment modernization and testing), classified material, mission planning tools, test equipment, computer components, training support equipment, authorization letters and other material to support maintenance and operations.
- Coordinate Advanced Diagnostic Electronic Portable Test-set (ADEPT) delivery to AEGIS ships from Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane. Monitor fleet inventories and facilitate sharing of units and turn in to the NSWC for calibration and repair. Coordinate waterfront training to facilitate use of this equipment to support AN/SPY-1 radar maintenance.
- Coordinate delivery of Vertical Launching System (VLS) media material with NSWC PHD. Coordinate (with the CS Project Engineer) delivery of Launcher Maintenance Program software to facilitate testing.
- Assist ships in preparing for and executing Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) events and other inspections.
- Visit ships to assist with resolving casualties, preparing for availabilities and ensuring readiness for deployment.
- Develop schedules, presentations and papers. Participate in ship scheduling conferences. Work with ships, Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC), Port Engineers, engineering and RMC reps, Intermediate Maintenance Facility (IMF) SHIPSUPs, SURFMEPP, In Service Engineering Agents (ISEAs) and Alteration Installment Teams (AITS) to support modernization both inside and outside regularly scheduled CNO SRAs.
- Coordinate Fleet introduction, availability planning and execution.
- Attend Naval Supervisory Authority (NSA) production meetings.
- Gather feedback on CS space layout, equipment, configuration, training, and documentation.
- Support Approved Articles Package, ACSE, and PUBSAT audits.
- Facilitate Combat System grooms, alignments, tests, and upgrades.
- Coordinate engineering evaluation ship checks with ships’ personnel to prepare for installations and modifications.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate ship visits for TYCOM, field activity, vendor, PEO, PARM and SYSCOM personnel.
- Monitor Casualty Reports (CASREPs), message traffic and Combat Systems Maintenance Projects (CSMPs) to summarize equipment statuses and other items of interest to the PMR.
- Serve as the acting PMR in the absence of the government incumbent.
- Facilitate, oversee and report on the status of IWS 1F sponsored training, assist visits and grooms (e.g., Self-Assessment and Groom Training (SAGT), Advanced Warfare Training (AWT), Total Ship Readiness Assessment (TSRA)/Ballistic Missile Defense Readiness Assessment (BMDRA)) to PMR/IWS leadership as appropriate.
- Author and provide staff notes reporting high visibility issues to PMR/IWS leadership as necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 13+ yrs experience or Bachelors and 9+ yrs experience or Masters and 7+ or PhD and 4+ yrs exp
- Knowledge of AEGIS baselines on DDG 51 class ships.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems experience, preferably along the lines of Systems Test Officer, Combat Systems Maintenance Manager and/or Leading Chief Petty Officer of a Combat Systems Division with an emphasis on preventive and corrective maintenance skills and other supportability areas such as training and documentation.
- Experience is critical for understanding the day-to-day fleet issues relating to readiness and how they impact the ship's ability to execute its mission.
Other areas of expertise follow:
- AEGIS program office experience or similar government or corporate experience is desirable but not required.
- Secret clearance is required.
- Background working with Regional Maintenance Centers, Naval Surface Warfare Centers Dahlgren Division, Port Hueneme Division, Crane Indiana, or Corona Division is desirable but not required.
- Self starting senior professional with an exceptional work ethic.
- Team player capable of executing independent work with attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with waterfront personnel.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands on the waterfront by understanding ship schedules, missions, project critical path planning, upcoming inspections, Fleet Response Plan and Dynamic Force Employment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 1:58:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job