Fires Fusion Technician_THS (Job Number:441386)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC has an immediate need for an end to end systems engineer to support a handheld ground fires / close air support program for the Government. The U. S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) requires this position to support, development, research and fielding efforts for an Android-based software application. This software application utilizes real-time targeting data from organic sensor systems to enable users to rapidly develop targeting data for use with weapon systems at the maneuver unit level.
- Responsibilities include serving as the subject matter expert on the operation, maintenance, and employment of the AN/TPQ-36/46 Firefinder and the AN/TPQ-49 Lightweight Counter Mortar Radar systems. Assist in the design, execution, and detailed documentation of results of network simulations to evaluate various radios and networks that transmit radar targeting data. Assist in the design, execution, and detailed documentation of results of software / hardware integration events and Limited User Evaluations (LUE). Routinely interface with the software development team and provide insights on the development of radar data correlation techniques. Additional responsibilities include technical support for users when required and assisting in other development projects. Primary duty location is Huntsville, Alabama with travel to various Contiguous United States (CONUS) locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency in the operation and maintenance of the AN/TPQ-36/46 Firefinder and the AN/TPQ-49 Lightweight Counter Mortar Radar systems.
- Proficiency with Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS).
- Proficiency with Marine Corps fielded radios (117F, 117G and 152A) and setting up tactical communications networks.
- Experience with the AN/TPS-80 Ground/Air Task Oriented radar system.
- Recent military experience in the employment and operation of Marine Corps tactical radar systems in support of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force.
- Familiarity with the design and execution of integration events and Limited User Evaluations (LUE).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environments.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with short term deadlines.
- Willingness to travel (25%).
- Experience and familiarity with Marine Corps operational doctrine with emphasis on the employment of tactical radar systems.
- Experience in developing training materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience and familiarity with Marine Corps and Army command and control (C2) and supporting systems.
- Examples include Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Joint Automated Deep Operation Coordination System (JDOCS) and Joint Enterprise Network Manager (JENM).
- Familiarity with software development.
- Familiarity and basic understanding of simulation software and simulation environments.
- Familiarity with personal computers, switches, routers, Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, network topologies, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via written correspondence, phone calls, and/or video teleconference.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 12:25:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job