Training Analyst Sr - SWOS Newport, RI (Job Number:441543)
- Perform reviews of Naval Training System Plans (NTSP) and provide detailed written change recommendations and analyses of training impact.
- Review and track Naval system installation and fielding plan schedules and resultant impact on customer provided training (SWOS and Engineering).
- Determine out year student load projections and instructor requirements for all customer courses of instruction.
- Coordinate and document reviews of all projections with customer designated subject matter experts.
- Support and represent customer during training stakeholder reviews of training requirements.
- Update and populate existing and future analytical models with customer specific billet and course data to determine funded instructor capacities.
- Utilizing model and system results perform detailed analyses in support of critical events including POM and Feasibility Studies.
- Assist all customer activities in providing accurate data in existing software systems or as additionally needed to perform required analyses.
- Assist with preparation of Contractor’s monthly progress reports.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 6+ yrs experience or Masters and 4+ yrs exp
- Minimum of six(6) years of practical experience operating and maintaining Naval Engineering propulsion or auxiliary systems (conventional or nuclear)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in management and/or delivery of Naval Surface Officer or Engineering technical training
- Two (2) years of experience reviewing Naval Training Systems Plans and/or other training requirements documents
- Significant familiarity with Naval Engineering Plant and Officer Watch Station requirements
- Highly proficient in the development and use of Microsoft Office Excel and/or
- Access documents, including intermediate to advanced use of functions
- Experience in development and delivery of both working and executive level briefs
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in training plans and provide alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches
- Determine relative costs and benefits of training strategies and choose the most appropriate option
- Engineering Officer of the Watch or similar
- SECRET Clearance
The following qualifications or work experience would be considered a plus but are not necessarily requirements:
- Surface Officer or Naval Engineering technical training Course Supervisor
- Master Training Specialist or Afloat Training Specialist
- Personnel Detailer or Community Manager
- Human Resource Officer Knowledge Experience/Skill Level In addition to the Position Specific Experience/Skills above the following apply
- Experience with CeTARS, FLTMPS, or related training management databases is a plus
- Ability to work independently as the sole remote member of a larger team and clearly communicate customer requirements while staying focused on primary goals
- Significant job related experience in the practical use and application of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- MS Access familiarity is desired but not required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 1:28:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-NEWPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job