Game Development Engineer Associate (Job Number:441517)
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Game Development Engineer Associate supporting our Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations Maintenance Program (TADSS) in Huntsville, Alabama. The TADSS program plays a critical role in training soldiers worldwide, and this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of groundbreaking work.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In this position, you will become a member of a training development team primarily focused on developing serious games for a diverse audience. We use the phrase “serious games” to describe a variety of applications which use gaming technologies or mechanics for a purpose other than strictly entertainment. You will be a key member of an agile scrum development team working closely with fellow programmers, game designers, instructional designers, and artists on the implementation of new features for existing and new applications and games for training, simulation and education.
The chosen candidate for this position will:
- Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop products for military and commercial clients utilizing current versions of the Unity game engine.
- Contribute creatively to the game/course design process, from prototype to completion and sustainment.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Write efficient code with descriptive comments and maintain attention to detail.
- Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a team environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or a combination of education and work experience (4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree) is required. 1+ years of related experience is required.
- Proficiency in C#. Demonstrable competence in current Unity development (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Windows and the Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience with version control software, such as Git (Perforce is a plus).
- A portfolio with examples of game or eLearning programming is required (web-accessible samples are preferred).
- Experience in mobile platform development.
- Familiarity with SDLC.
- Experience in web development (HTML, Javascipt, JSON/XML).
- Understanding of 3D transformation hierarchies.
- Knowledge of 3D content integration (lighting, pipeline, etc.)
- Active Secret Clearance preferred, but candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 9:37:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job