HPC Systems Engineer/Architect (Job Number:441440)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assist the user community within the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP), DoD Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRC) to effectively and efficiently utilize HPC assets, especially at the Army Research Laboratory (ARL) DSRC located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. The successful candidate will monitor daily/monthly/yearly usage trends under variously prioritized workloads for non-optimal consumption of resources and periodically following up with affected groups. The candidate will provide hands- on support to the user community regarding optimal use of DSRC infrastructure and assist users with adapting their codes to new HPC platforms. This will include the installation and support of COTS, GOTS, and open support software for general customer use and one-on one user support. The candidate will also provide oversight and second- level support to the DSRC Help Desk staff as required to assure prompt and accurate resolution of user assistance requests and will closely monitor job scheduler issues and configurations on allocated clusters as they relate to lost productivity. The Candidate will provide weekly updates to customer staff meetings and provide constant communication to SAIC leadership.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a highly skilled technical HPC support staff and users, internal staff, and management.
- Candidate will work along the side of leading HPC staff and researchers working to solve DoD’s most critical mission challenges.
- Experience working in complex HPC cluster architectures and storage implementations.
- Possess thorough knowledge of HPC job scheduling concepts and applications, especially with scheduling products from Altair (PBSPro).
- Experience working knowledge of scientific programming applications in an HPC environment.
- Develop and submit deliverables and reports to include the collection and reporting of metrics on accounts performance for weekly and monthly reporting to SAIC and Government management.
- Identify processes, systems and/or applications or code that will improve center functions selection
- Expertise in Architecting/Integrating HPC storage systems and solutions
- Managing HPC batch schedulers
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team, and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Bachelors and fourteen (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (7) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and nine (4) years or more of related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 10:07:05 AM
Primary Location: United States
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job