Senior Network Engineer (Job Number:441611)
SAIC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to come join our team in Springfield, VA.
This is a Senior/SME position for the network engineering team within the Vanguard Perimeter Security Division (PSD) engineering office, providing network engineering expertise over a Global LAN/WAN enterprise. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
1. Works directly with the DoS customer to build, design, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
2. Develop and deploy network engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
3. Collaborate with technical SMEs on enterprise wide solutions, participate in technical working groups, and contribute to technical advisory boards.
4. Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
5. Implementation of configuration changes.
6. Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
7. Service Requests: monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
8. Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
9. Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
1. Solid understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
2. Experience implementing large enterprise/global network solutions
3. Expert experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
4. Expert experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR/Nexus).
5. Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
6. Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline
7. 10+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
8. Experience working directly with Government customer
9. Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
10. Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US “TOP SECRET” security clearance, Secret clearance with upgrade to Top Secret is acceptable.
1. Cisco Certified Network Professional – CCNP
2. Experience with SD-WAN technologies
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 2:32:47 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job