The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) EO Center Hardware Department is currently searching for an Optical Design Engineer with optical design and analysis skills, interest and/or experience in infrared systems, optical tolerancing, optical fabrication, and testing. Chosen team member will work with multi-discipline teams supporting military programs through the application of optical design tools in the development and production phases of optical sensors. Assignments may include optical design, optical analysis such as stray light analysis, optical tolerancing, prototype development with optical component suppliers, optical testing, troubleshooting EO systems, and providing solutions to a variety of EO problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Ideal candidate will have experience in optical design and analysis, and will possess the following knowledge/abilities:
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- A minimum of six (6) years related work experience in optical design or analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in optical design and analysis, infrared systems, optical tolerancing, fabrication, and testing
- Proficient in CODE V and/or Zemax, and Excel and Matlab
- Must be eligible for, or have active, DoD SECRET security clearance. Must have INTERIM SECRET clearance before start date.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in Optics, Physics, or Systems Engineering or related discipline. MS or PhD in Optics, Physics, or Systems Engineering preferredThis position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Check us out on YouTube
- Demonstrated experience in opto-mechanical design and analysis
- Industry related documentation experience
- Business Acumen
- Active DoD issued security clearance
- Master’s or PhD in Optical Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.