Organizational Description: Missile Systems’ Land Warfare Systems (LWS) Product Line provides land warfare system solutions that enable battle space dominance for US and allied land forces.
Position Description: The Contracts Director for the LWS Product Line will serve on the RMS Contracts and LWS Product Line leadership teams. This position is responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with the US Army, Marine Corps, Israeli, Polish and Swedish customers and partners. In this role, you will also lead 20 Contracts professionals to deliver strong results while growing professionally.
This position will lead the crafting of business relationships and transactional structures. This requires the ability to leverage key facts and relationships to secure alignment of internal and external customers. A demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful negotiation plans on complex programs is fundamental to this role. This Contracts team is also responsible for evaluating sole source and competitive RFP's to ensure compliant, risk managed and best value proposals for our customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 14 years progressive experience including managing high value contracts in a technical environment; preferably with USG DoD sole source, development and competitive contracts.
•Experience in development and production contracts is required.
• Contract knowledge to provide business guidance and professional growth to contracts professionals, product line and RMS leadership during all phases of the program life cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and shape innovative defense and commercial project opportunities to include team strategy and implementation to support successful capture campaigns
• Strong understanding of regulatory policies to include: US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
• Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risks and opportunities
•Thorough understanding of cost estimating and proposal best practices
•BS/BA is required; preferably in one of the following majors: Business, Finance or Law; JD or MBA a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Effective team player with demonstrated leadership capability and strong communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and compliance of Raytheon contracting policies and procedures.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
•Demonstrated ability to develop effective and sustaining relationships with customers
•Proven strong work initiative and ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
•Excellent writing, speaking, public presentation and interpersonal/communication skills
•Excellent organizational skills; ability to collaborate and coordinate team inputs into a combined final product
•Understanding of customer budgeting and acquisition processes and the ability to assist senior leaders in achieving their financial, performance and compliance goals
•Ability to successfully manage contracts in prime and a subcontractor roles
•Strong business acumen, including understanding of investment, IP, contract vehicles and other factors that drive optimal business solutions
•Experience with USG Other Transaction Agreements (OTAs)
•Experience with Strategic Agreements (Mergers and Acquisitions, Teaming Agreements, etc.)
•Ability to adapt to changing environments/situations
•Demonstrated success working within a matrix organizational environment
This position requires the ability to obtain Secret Clearance (Top Secret and clearance for Special Access Programs is preferred)
Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.