The Summer Intern on the Corporate Strategy team is responsible for supporting ongoing projects related to the transition to an SQL database environment. This position is in the Corporate Strategy organization, and is located in Rosslyn, VA. This is a 10-week assignment beginning June 3, 2019.
The successful candidate will gain an understanding on the global defense industry, the competitive environment, key drivers and trends, and gain experience in analyzing data for senior leadership. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical support in development of Microsoft Dynamics SQL database and associated reports in Tableau that will assist the Corporate Strategy team in:
- Analyzing the budgets of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other relevant U.S. agencies;
- Supporting the development of Raytheon domestic and international market forecasts and assessments;
- Developing visualization of large data sets;
- Supporting competitive assessments; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eagerness to learn/curiosity
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with database software and visualization programs (e.g., MS Access, MS Dynamics, SQL, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Candidates must be in/entering their junior or senior year (60+ credit hours) and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or related field. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition.
- Experience with data base management systems, including establishing large data bases
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
**This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship. **
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.