General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
Responsible for the establishment of the systems architecture framework including architecture principles and standards for the assigned program.
1. Define and validate architecture principles and standards with regard to Application and Infrastructure architecture standards
2. Define and validate business/information /data architecture by working with key business stakeholders and creating governing bodies for data and process owners as needed
3. Communicate architecture and IT standards to all stakeholders and ensure standards are published, updated and adhered to.
4. Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions
5. Control and maintain IT standards across GDIT
6. Interact with Project and Change managers to assess that projects meet the IT standards; update as appropriate if a change is required.
7. Liaise with Technology Infrastructure and Operations as part of architecture and standards approval process.
8. Promote a culture of innovation; continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organization as a whole.
9. Provide solution and alternative recommendations for business cases for new solutions
10. Validate a systems architectural blueprint and design for quality, performance, security, user experience, maintenance, operations, redundancy, compliance, data flows, life cycling, dependencies and integration
11. Provide IT input into technical requirements for RFP/RFI/RFQ
12. Participates in special projects as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.