Systems Engineer (Job Number:441566)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with data storage, infrastructure management, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, and access management.
- Acts to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective.
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Applies and/or develops technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
Clearance required to start: TS/SCI with Polygragh
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence.
- Strong requirements and CONOP background.
- Good presentation, interpersonal, and collaboration skills, and the ability to lead team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and various SE, PM tools.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 10:02:15 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job