JOB DESCRIPTION: Perform high level applications development in one of the following areas:
• Assist in the development of tools to translate the output from operational global and/or mesoscale NWP systems into products usable by Navy and DoD meteorological forecasters and operational warfighters.
• Must have demonstrable LINUX High Performance Computing (HPC) skill and adaptation of solutions for the operational environment.
• Assist in METOC applications development including tactical decision aids, web-based applications, climatology applications, and port study applications.
• Assist in the processing and analysis of data and the publishing of results.
• Provide recommendations for resolution of research and development issues associated with application, climatology, or port study development problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: