NRL Mid-Level Application Developer (Job Number:438624)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Perform high level applications development in one of the following areas:
- Assist in the development of tools to translate the output from operational global and/or mesoscale NWP systems into products usable by Navy and DoD meteorological forecasters and operational warfighters.
• Must have demonstrable LINUX High Performance Computing (HPC) skill and adaptation of solutions for the operational environment.
• Assist in METOC applications development including tactical decision aids, web-based applications, climatology applications, and port study applications.
• Assist in the processing and analysis of data and the publishing of results.
• Provide recommendations for resolution of research and development issues associated with application, climatology, or port study development problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Shall have at a minimum a B.S. degree in Computer Science or in a related Mathematics or Engineering field
- Shall have at a minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in developing meteorological or oceanographic applications or visualizations.
- Must demonstrate experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
- Must have experience advising the technical lead on issues related to end-to-end data processing including secure authentication and information assurance.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience working in the Navy METOC operational environment.
- Information assurance experience.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.
- Computer graphics visualization experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 8:46:52 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job