GEOINT Product Quality SETA (Job Number:441524)
- SAIC has an opening for a Senior Engineer to provide Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Product Quality systems engineering and technical advisory services within the Innovation and Collaboration Division (ICD) at an operations site in Northern Virginia area.
- Candidate will directly support engineering for the ICD GPQ Branch.
- Key capabilities include an experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Systems Engineer to support product quality evaluation on multiple technical programs as well as advising on process improvements.
- The successful applicant must provide exceptional technical expertise, continuity of knowledge, and high confidence value-added judgment to advise all levels of government management from local engineer through senior leadership at site.
- Direct and current experience with Operations and systems engineering & integration processes essential.
- Responsibilities encompass updates to legacy systems accommodating new data sources through integration and full operational capability of enterprise cloud based systems processing for a new generation of sensors.
- Technical leadership encompasses evaluation and recommendation of courses of action on activities impacting data processing and dissemination, infrastructure systems engineering, full mission systems lifecycle (from concept development, enterprise requirements definition, integration and test, operations and maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Specific customer challenges involve migrating new capabilities into an enterprise environment while ensuring approaches maintain maintaining operational effectiveness of legacy systems.
- Provide technical leadership for GPQ Branch to enable successful testing via implementing test plans, supporting conduct of test status meetings, facilitate test readiness and/or checkpoint reviews, review and develop comments on System discrepancy reports resulting in successful completion of test as part of operational transition activities.
- Support execution of operational transitions in accordance with the NRO Communications Lifecycle Management Plan (CLMP) and Site Integration Standards (NSIS).
- Identify issues and process improvements to permit product quality improvements to improve efficiencies and provide more accurate/more easily understood data to the varied community of user customers.
- Propose key changes to technology insertions that improve utility of multi- intelligence data across multiple missions.
- Lead development of Test Execution Concept of Operations Documentations for variety of Testing Phases supporting transition to operations.
- Facilitate NSIS milestones (e.g. preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, pre-ship reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, operational acceptance reviews, and decommission and deposal reviews).
- Evaluate stakeholder readiness in support of various NSIS milestones.
- Develop and manage products such as GPQ Schedules, GPQ Project Management Plans, Evaluate/Review System Requests For Change, and develop associated performance metrics. Track, update, monitor and convey the GPQ schedule to the government, including coordinating schedule updates across contractor support staff.
- Develop strategic and capabilities GPQ planning to support ICD level strategic planning. Develop GPQ inputs to ICD Capability Roadmap and identify areas requiring additional support to realize mission evolutionary goals to enable development of unfunded requirements.
- Assess projects in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers.
- Provide technical review and assessment of program development and readiness activities.
- Coordinate recommendations with government stakeholders across divisions and support regular program status reviews.
- Coordinate, staff, track and submit action item responses to the government as required.
- Establish and maintain close effective coordination with other operations divisions, review, document, and track project progress.
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required.
- Provide technical oversight for and coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams to achieve project objectives.
- Work closely with program managers and engineering management to ensure alignment of project objectives, product strategy and technical solutions.
- Produce technical documents, reports and presentations for customers.
- Provide technical advisement resulting in the successful development, integration, testing and deployment a system for one or more customers.
- Demonstrate experience conducting analysis of trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making.
- Support technical execution of projects that cover hardware/software system development, test and final integration on customer platforms.
- Provide systems engineering support to customer configuration management activities.
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
JOB REQUISITION REQUIRED EDUCATION, SECURITY CLEARANCE, CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERTISE AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering or scientific Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience or equivalent relevant experience in systems engineering environments. NRO experience is a plus.
- CISSP and INCOSE Systems Engineering certifications are a plus.
- Active TS/SCI with current Polygraph.
- Extensive operational and systems engineering experience.
- Project management experience with delivered systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive recent familiarity with NRO missions and organizations preferred.
- Articulate verbal and written communicator; confident in presenting and explaining recommendations & analyses to all levels of seniority.
- Ability to operate effectively with contractor, SETA, FFRDC, and Government teammates.
- Expert user in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 9:44:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job