NRL Senior Applications Developer (Job Number:438623)
Perform high level applications development in one of the following areas:
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for the development of tools to translate the output from operational global and/or mesoscale NWP systems into products usable by Navy and DoD meteorological forecasters and operational warfighters.
• Must have demonstrable LINUX High Performance Computing (HPC) skill and adaptation of solutions for the operational environment.
• Act as the primary point-of-contact for METOC applications development including web-based applications, climatology applications, and port study applications;
• Process and analyze data and write-up/publish results; provide recommendations for resolution of research issues associated with application, climatology, or port study development problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Shall have at a minimum a M.S. degree in Computer Science or in a related Mathematics or Engineering field.
- Shall have at a minimum 5+ years of demonstrated experience in developing meteorological or oceanographic applications.
- Must have 4 years of demonstrated experience in 24/7 operational environment or equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
- Must have acted as the primary point- of-contact for all aspects of the end-to-end data flow for applications including secure authentication and computational efficiency.
- Must have acted as the focal point for information assurance for applications.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining web-based applications in the Navy METOC operational environment.
- Experience with High performance Computing (HPC).
- Experience applying the DISA Application Security and Development Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) to operational applications.
- Experience creating software for computer graphic visualization techniques. * Hadoop Experience * Big Data Experience * Apache Stack Experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 8:50:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job