• This position provides System Integration Engineering Support to the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command on MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida.
• The engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, integrating, implementing, testing, and documenting computer systems for worldwide enterprise-class networks in support of the USCENTCOM mission.
• The integration engineer will be responsible for advancing the enterprise design to include Data Center upgrades, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, SAN, MS and CISCO based systems upgrades.
• This includes testing, documentation, and integration of end-user compute with the enterprise, ensuring compatibility with existing COTS and GOTS applications.
• The integration engineer will be responsible for tier- three operations escalation support during break/fix situations involving the workstation baseline.
• The integration engineer may support patching, upgrading, and securing the image for regular update releases into production.
• The integration engineer will also support other engineering activities and projects in a very diverse and fast-paced test and integration environment.
General duties will include:
• Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products
• Prepares engineering plans and site installation technical design packages
• Coordinates the analysis, acquisition and installation of hardware and software
• Gathers and analyzes data to support the development of system requirements
• Provides post- installation and integration support to the operations team
• Develops work plans, procedures, and estimates as they relate to systems integration tasks and team members
• Interfaces with various team members to implement tasks according to the project management schedule
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends systems, equipment, and technologies to meet system requirements
• Develops technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
• Extensive experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and integrating VMWare, and Microsoft systems. Experience with desktop/virtual imaging is a plus.