Technical Writer_PFAL (Job Number:441356)
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC in Huntsville, AL has an opening for a Technical Writer/Process Support.
- This position supports a team of engineers in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and technical data items. Candidate shall work under the direction of their supervisor receiving routine work and general instructions on new assignments. Candidate shall support client specific technical and project documentation including meeting minutes, documentation editing, and peer reviews. The Technical Writer will write, proofread, and revise plans, specifications, and reports to ensure they are properly formatted and clearly communicate content to technical and non-technical personnel. The Technical Writer will attend meetings to capture minutes and action items. The Technical Writer will work closely with Data Management Systems to ensure data and documents are handled in an efficient and orderly manner. Candidate will be required to complete other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area and 3+ year of experience.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manipulate text, data, and graphics between software programs; insert drawings; create and insert tables
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills with emphasis in grammar and punctuation
- Ability to disseminate conversations into working points (i.e. meeting notes and action items)
- Multi-task while working under deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in documentation, e-mail, and in-person
- Must be able to coordinate meeting room assignment and set up, and/or teleconference requirements
- Understand and elaborate on configuration management principles
- Create data management processes and work flows to ensure accuracy and efficiency with all data items
- An understanding of Military Documentation Standards
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 12:15:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job