|KMOD OCONUS QA Support |
|Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is looking for a Quality Engineer to support the Kuwait Modernization Patriot contract in Kuwait. The chosen Mission Assurance professional will reside in Kuwait while performing daily duties supporting the Modernization Patriot support. |
The Mission Assurance candidate will be responsible for the oversight of the acceptance of incoming conforming hardware while dispositioning and processing all non-conforming materials. This may include root cause and corrective action, engagement with US Operations and Supplier Quality personnel, Integrated Product Teams, Engineering and Supply Chain personnel. The chosen candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Modernization update processes and MWO's of the MEIs. This includes adjudication of process, documentation and hardware issues. The MA Lead will be conduct Site Audits while working to improve and hold accountable responsible Organizations that have corrective actions resulting from the Audits. The MA Lead will collect and provide metrics to Program and MA leadership outlining the quality health of the Site and areas requiring attention.
The Candidate may be required to support the Program Systems Integration and Check Out (SICO) validation activities assuring contract compliance of that process. This includes the proper dispositioning and replacement of failed hardware, field issues and hardware non conformances, detected during inspections, installation, and test processes. Also responsible for tracking metrics of open nonconformances and actions, their aging, root cause of the issues and final closure.
The candidate must have a proven ability to establish, maintain and grow positive professional relationships as they engage with USG Lower Tier Project Office (LTPO) and Kuwait Foreign Military personnel. They must be able to show a proven track record of experience leveraging such relationships to overcome difficult customer gaps of culture, process, contract interpretation, disagreements and challenges.
The candidate will interact with USG, Lower Tier Project Office Quality Assurance team, attending meetings regarding safety, corrosion, inspection of materials, assemblies to print, and assisting with Induction of customer legacy equipment, and report to the Raytheon Kuwait country Manager and CONUS DFS Team.
The candidate will be deployed to Kuwait for an up to two year assignment Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the potential for an extension as required to assure successful program close out activities.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of aerospace/defense technology work experience in disciplines such as Quality Engineering, Mission Assurance, Engineering or Production
- Experience interfacing with foreign or a diverse customer base
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of ISO and other national / International Standards
- Strong knowledge of process improvement and metrics
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- DOD Secret or higher security clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- R6s Expert Certification
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Working knowledge of documenting nonconformances using FORM 2404
- Strong knowledge of paint, assembly, and acceptance testing requirements
- Expertise in both system safety and Root Cause and Corrective Action practices and analyses.
- Existing ASQ Certification strongly desired. The successful candidate will be expected to pass the ASQ CMQ/OE exam by the end of Q1_2016
- Can-do attitude and high personal integrity
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, Economics or related field.
Higher educational degree a plus