Enterprise Data Warehouse Project Manager (Job Number:441688)
SAIC is seeking a hands-on data warehouse project manager to take responsibility for management and growth of an Enterprise Geospatial Data Warehouse.
- Seeking a project manager with some familiarity with the toolset, including Informatica and FME ETL and Cognos BI, and the ability to understand needs of the user base (Agency geospatial data analysts and business analysts, managers, and public users).
- Project manager is the primary interface with the customer, and responsible for managing cost, schedule, and staff resources.
- S/he is also involved with all aspects of managing the warehouse project, including data lifecycle tracking, content governance, reference data management, data warehouse platform support (tool evaluation, installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, performance management), data loading (ETL development), business intelligence reporting, map and web service development and publication, public data distribution via data.gov and other portals, communication/outreach, monitoring, and metadata development.
- Team is managed virtually.
- Seeking candidates in the Mountain or Pacific time zones to round out SAIC Team coverage of core Agency working hours.
- Position is 100% telework.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9+ yrs experience or Masters and 7+ or PhD and 4+ yrs exp
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Highly effective customer/stakeholder communication skills, including teleconference/web meeting facilitation, meeting documentation.
- Project and contract management experience.
- schedule, deliverables, staff resources, subcontractors, cost, profit, and customer satisfaction management.
- Experience with data warehouse architecture, design, development and/or operations.
- Hands on experience with the toolset (Informatica, FME, Cognos) or equivalent tools.
- Data warehouse operations/platform support (interaction with data center staff).
- Experience defining requirements for ETL and/or BI reports and dashboards and maps.
- Experience with data lifecycle management, geospatial data management and publication.
- Education, experience, or interest in natural resources management.
- Experience with the processes of software development, documentation, deployment (Release Notices) and software and deliverable configuration management.
Preferred, but optional knowledge/skills/experience:
- Hands-on experience with geospatial tools (ArcGIS) to access and use data.
- Experience developing and maintaining project schedules (MS Project).
- Experience with data warehouse tool evaluation.
- Experience supporting data governance, data management (data standards, master data, reference data).
- Experience managing/working as part of a virtual team.
- Experience managing content in SharePoint, document repositories, software repositories.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 2:21:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-CO-DENVER