Senior Cyber Security Engineer – NASA/GSFC (Job Number:441674)
Join the Cyber team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Mission Network Security Team as we secure and defend the worldwide NASA Mission Network.
The role of Cyber Security Engineer is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of cyber security professionals.
- Respond to security incidents including gathering, analyzing and presenting forensic evidence for cyber malware and intrusions.
- Perform data analytics seeking, identifying and confirming cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities to the network environment.
- Support the development and deployment of agency-wide cyber security projects and initiatives into the network environment.
- Perform risk analysis of proposed capabilities resulting in specific technical recommendations for improving security and/or mitigating cyber risk.
- Briefing technical and non-technical management on cyber issues, threats, vulnerabilities and risk reduction strategies.
- Conduct computer and network forensic technical investigations including performing network packet analysis.
- Conduct vulnerability scans on a routine or ad-hoc basis.
- Research, evaluate and assess emerging cyber security threats and trends.
- Research, evaluate and test new cyber security tools and capabilities.
- Perform general Linux system administration supporting operational capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 9 years IT experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on working experience in cyber intrusion detection, system administration or network administration.
- Cyber intrusion detection, incident response or forensic analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of computer network protocols including TCP/IP.
- Linux and Windows system administration experience.
- Working knowledge of information security issues, trends and leading practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Coding/Scripting experience e.g. Perl, Bash, VB Script, Python, etc.
- Experience working with networking and security tools such as Tenable Security Center, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, ELK, Intella and Metasploit.
- Experience with VMware Hypervisor and related tools.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA or CSIH.
- A self-starter, performing tasks with minimal supervision but working effectively with immediate and cross-functional team members.
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written).
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, detail, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or Top Secret
- US CITIZEN
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 11:39:03 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job