MCE Junior Developer (Job Number:441549)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The MCE system is being developed by the Army, with SAIC as the Prime Contractor, as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest the Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System. MCE ATAK is a map-based Situational Awareness (SA) software application for Android platforms (smart phones, tablets, etc.) that provides non-satellite type Blue Force Tracking (BFT) and tactical capabilities for Special Operations Forces (SOF).
- Candidates are expected to have a solid entry level understanding of SW development and practices (relevant coursework). They need to be eager to take on the challenge of learning a complex system while being mentored by more senior SW developers.
- Candidates will be expected to work in a small team, agile environment, to design, implement and test SW components through the entire SW life cycle.
- Candidates will be expected to participate in peer reviews of other teammates SW implementation and design (e.g. code reviews).
- Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
- Candidates will be expected to test developed SW in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The experience is desired (Relevant Course Work/School Clubs and Associations):
- Linux OS
- Extracurricular projects outside of coursework (GitHub)
- The following experience is a plus (Relevant Course Work):
- Internship or co-operative studies
- Android SW Development
- C#, C++ SW Development
- Ability to obtain a Secret/Interim Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job