MCE Mid-Level Developer (Job Number:441551)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The MCE system is being developed by the Army, with SAIC as the Prime Contractor, as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest the Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System. MCE ATAK is a map-based Situational Awareness (SA) software application for Android platforms (smart phones, tablets, etc.) that provides non-satellite type Blue Force Tracking (BFT) and tactical capabilities for Special Operations Forces (SOF).
- Candidates will be expected to work in a small team, agile environment, to design, implement and test SW components through the entire SW lifecycle.
- Candidates will be expected to break up larger SW modules into smaller, incrementally delivered components on tasks they have been assigned to them.
- Candidates will be required to create and present design documentation, as well as participate in design reviews for SW modules assigned to their team.
- Good communication skills is a must.
- Candidates will be expected to participate in peer reviews of other teammates SW implementation and design (e.g. code reviews).
- Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
- Candidates will be expected to test developed SW in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The experience is desired:
- Java/Java FX
- JUnit unit testing framework including Mokito
- Javadoc SW documentation constructs
- Linux OS (RHEL)
- The following experience is a plus:
- Android SW Development
- C#, C++ SW Development
- Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEs
- Network Analysis Tools (Wireshark, TCPDUMP analysis)
- Scripting languages such a Python
- VM technology
- LXC Linux Containers
- Ability to obtain a Secret/Interim Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job