SCCM Senior Desktop Engineer (VG01252) (Job Number:441692)
The Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical mobile device and remote access capabilities to 60,000+ user’s world-wide. In support of these services, MRA and the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Mobile Desktop Engineer to support the expansion of MRA’s mobile environment that supports a variety of operating system (OS) platforms – iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry. The dedicated Mobile Desktop Engineer will primarily provide life cycle engineering to include Operations and Maintenance (O&M) to existing and new remote desktop solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of desktop/server configurations/builds, supporting a variety of operating systems (OS) and capable of developing and implementing an enterprise-wide deployment and/or migrations.
Mobile Desktop Engineering Duties:
- Create/build, test, and deploy software packages using enterprise deployment tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Identify, configure, test, and deploy Active Directory Group Policies
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend next generation mobile desktop solutions (hardware)
- Troubleshoot and resolve software deployment and other problems related to software installation impacting the mobile desktop environment.
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and implement software package deployments
- Work with network, firewall, and other system admin technicians to help resolve software installation problems
- Provide status reports to Engineering Manager/Lead, as requested
- Respond to and resolve escalated issues that may involve hardware, software, network, firewall, and/or storage related aspects.
- Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve escalated incidents/service requests from Tier 2 and/or planned/unplanned outages
- Evaluate, recommend, and support operational changes, enhancements, and modifications based on operational and/or security-related needs.
- Review mobile applications and provide solutions/recommendations on whether or not applications should be approved for use on the mobile platform.
- Assess, test, and integrate enterprise apps into the mobile desktop environment
- Perform configuration backups and disaster recovery operations
- Interface with vendor(s) to resolve hardware/software issue, garner information on future capabilities, and solicit recommendations on product enhancements and/or configurations
- Develop, maintain, and support operational documentation to include, but not limited to Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs), requirements documents, back-up/contingency plans, architectural design documents and diagrams, and/or Information Assurance (IA) related documentation.
- Attends weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, in support of MRA sponsored projects.
Bachelor degree and 9 years of experience in an information technology related discipline or HS & 13+ years' experience. Relevant certifications will count towards years of experience
- 5-10 years of overall IT engineering/O&M experience (design, build, test, deploy; Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance) with a focus on desktop deployments using Microsoft Products
- 5+ years of experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for configuration and deployment of software packages.
- Mid-level understanding of basic network fundamentals (IP addressing and Subnetting) and understanding of firewalls
- Recent experience with building and managing images for Windows workstations and servers
- Recent experience with deploying MS OS patches/hotfixes to workstations and servers using SCCM and other Microsoft tools.
- Recent experience with testing software packages, documenting test results, and resolving testing issues.
- Recent (or previous) experience with an enterprise-wide desktop/server migration from legacy OS to latest OS
- Recent Active Directory experience to include configuration and creation of Active Directory Group Policies
- Experience with O&M support activities (e.g., development of SOPs, response and resolution of incidents/service requests/request fulfillment, monitoring and maintenance of systems, performing root cause analysis, risk identification and risk mitigation, and coordination of troubleshooting/testing activities with third party vendors.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Experience with an EMM vendor: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft etc.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Basic understanding of firewall rule interoperability with MDM’s
- Recent Experience working with anti-virus and encryption platforms, PKI and TLS/SSL certificate integrations; Symantec and McAfee
Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 2:17:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job