ServiceNow Architect/SME (Discovery/CMDB) (Job Number:441659)
SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Architect located in Springfield, VA OR Washington, DC.
Telework is available until a Secret clearance is granted. Travel into DC will be required for meetings at the customer site.
Responsible for designing the architecture for the customer’s deployment of ServiceNow, specifically focusing on two initial elements, Discovery and CMDB. This position will be responsible for designing the architectural solution that will migrate the customer from legacy systems to ServiceNow for these offerings. The ServiceNow SME will need to develop plans for execution of the design and the deployment of ServiceNow Discovery, integrating the Discovery output into an Enterprise CMDB (in ServiceNow). The Enterprise CMDB will incorporate ServiceNow’s CMDB solution and will be extended to include capabilities in the legacy CMDB solution that are not offered in ServiceNow’s CMDB.
The SME will facilitate and support the rollout of ServiceNow Discovery across a world-wide network and address any architecture changes needed to allow the ServiceNow mid servers to communicate. The network is geographically dispersed with support staff at locations remote and in DC. The SME will perform testing, documentation, user training (for staff to maintain the applications after deployment) and oversee and assist with implementation. The SME will be able to develop and provide executive level briefings on the ServiceNow architecture, and will be able to integrate other initiatives into the architecture. The SME will follow change management process and will develop design documentation for all deployments. The SME will comply with ServiceNow best practices and maintain system compliance.
- Develop architecture and design documentation for an enterprise deployment of Discovery
- Develop architecture and design documentation for an Enterprise deployment of a ServiceNow CMDB that is linked to legacy functions in an existing SQL database
- Provide executive level briefings describing the defined architecture(s)
- Deploy test infrastructure in the customer’s test environment
- Perform a Transition to Operations for all systems developed that includes training and design documentation
- Assist with the implementation of Discovery
- Assist in the integration of Discovery with ServiceNow CMDB
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues causing mid servers to be unable to pass data back on all local systems
- Assist with providing granular reporting at the individual customer organization level as well as custom and ad hoc reporting to support customers as they request information.
- Assist with setting up a single repository of all Contractor deliverables, reports, and other relevant documentation for access by the customer.
- Perform day to day problem management of the ServiceNow platform until transitioned
- Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 18 years or more experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Certification in ITOM Implementer: Discovery/Event Management - Highly Desired
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience working with Agile Project Teams
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen with an active SECRET clearance, or ability to obtain.
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification in ITOM Implementer Cert: Service Mapping
- Certification in Security Operations Administrator
- Certification in Security Operations-Incident Response Implementer
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:54:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-DC-WASHINGTON