CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. Clerk, Accounting is responsible for researching customer accounts, copying, filing, and distributing mail and departmental reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify customer account and appropriate posting status for all checks received in house.
• Run, print, assemble and distribute reports from CarMax inter-company systems.
• Annotate customer accounts in inter-company computer systems for refunds issued and new lien holder information.
• Process, sort and distribute accounting mail to the appropriate associates within the department.
• File, copy, sort, scan and maintain confidential documents.
• Compile, organize, bind, label and box company information for storage purposes.
• Key data into CarMax inter-company systems.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Execute basic typing skills to include minimum speed and accuracy requirements.
• Execute basic computer skills.
• Execute basic math skills.
• Apply a common sense understanding in order to carry out simple verbal or written instructions.
• Sort alphabetically and numerically.
• Perform to minimum data entry standards.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.