Administrative Assistant (Job Number:441669)
SAIC is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to support NASA in Houston, TX. You will be supporting the Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC).
- Primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide day-to-day support performing a variety of tasks that help ensure efficient operation of the office.
This will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Facilitate employee onboarding/termination processes.
- Facilitate the badging process for SAIC and subcontractor personnel to ensure that both SAIC and NASA badging requirements are met.
- Facilitate personnel moves and ensure associated records and databases are appropriately updated.
- Manage inventory of office supplies for SAIC facility.
- Assist with procurement activities.
- Prepare and mail USPS/UPS/FedEx packages.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Candidate must be able to work with little instructions on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments, and must be able to develop and maintain personal work plans and schedules.
- Candidate must also possess solid communication skills and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- The ability to work closely with others in a team environment is highly required.
- A high school education or equivalent and four or more years of related experience.
Candidate must have a competent level of proficiency with the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office
- Must be a U.S Citizen and have the ability to successfully pass a NACI background check
- Experience in the NASA Johnson Space Center environment and general familiarity with policies, procedures, and systems is helpful.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018, 7:20:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-TX-HOUSTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job