Fire Alarm Technician - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
Al Dhafra Air Base
United Arab Emirates
The Fire Alarm Technician shall maintain and adhere to technical orders and good commercial practices for all fire and electronic controls maintenance actions throughout the base.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems
- Interprets instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications
- Expertise with the use of applicable test equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management
- Operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems
- Submit timely reports
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have fluency in reading, writing, and speaking, and understanding English
- Knowledge of document and report writing
- Technical understanding
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures
- Ability to use a computer and related software
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of experience in the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Factory trained and certified for fire alarm system service of the specific type and brand of system; or
- Certified by a nationally recognized fire alarm certification organization acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction; or
- Registered, licensed, or certified by a state or local authority; or
- Employed and qualified by an organization listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory for the servicing of fire suppression systems.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
More Jobs For Veterans...