Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Job Number: 1075084
Successful candidate will have at least 2 years of Rigger experience. Must be familiar with operation of hydraulic cranes 17.5 tons and above as well as smaller cranes with telescopic boom. Must have familiarity with trade math and signalperson hand motions. NCCER or NCCO certified highly preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots. - Assembles and disassembles cranes.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings or tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment onto or off ships, railroad, cars or trucks.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing all safety rules. Performs other duties as required.
When you become part of the Brown and Root team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, procurement, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be a part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge, and determination to succeed.
Brown and Root offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Brown and Root
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic
information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law.