Sys Integration Analyst (Job Number:441713)
Job Description: Mechanical Design, Drafting & Engineering The Mechanical Designer will be a member of a team providing hardware and software development, documentation and test support to the AMRDEC Systems, Simulation and Software Integration (S3I) Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will create, check and maintain mechanical drawing packages to ASME Y14 standards using GD&T dimensioning techniques.
- Candidate will design, build, assemble and test tactical electronics enclosure systems and their test sets and participate in the installation of these systems and various prototype assemblies.
- Perform a variety of design, documentation and engineering tasks, either independently or under supervision, which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design and implementation of mechanical systems.
- Plan and performs engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Responsible for working with a team of project managers, fellow designers, drafters, and engineers in support of the development of complex designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment after the initial design concepts have been developed along with project engineering staff.
- Develop requirements, designs, and prototypes and integrate the mechanical components on military systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree plus 2 years experience shall include a range of assignments directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- 6 years of directly related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Solid grounding in use of CAD machine design & documentation and PDM tools.
- Ability to apply ASME Y14 standards including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance to complete and maintain technical design drawing packages.
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish tasks as well as coordinate and communicate with other members of the design team and government customers to ensure program success.
- Detail oriented; have the ability to work quickly and accurately; be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; be able to work with team members to accomplish team objectives on schedule; and be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and maturity.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in a fluid and dynamic environment.
- Experience with planning and preparing graphic presentations.
- Experience in fabrication work instruction generation.
- SolidWorks design, documention and PDM experience; or with other related tools such as Pro-E, Solid Edge, etc.
- Working knowledge of Geometric- Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of military and DOD practices and standards.
- Working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel tools.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 9:36:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job