Database Engineer (Remote/Virtual) (Job Number:441578)
SAIC has an opening for a remote (work from home) Database Engineer supporting the Department of Homeland Security.
- Maintain the large database and designs new enhancements for operational, national system for Department of Homeland Security.
- Develop and update schema in support of O&M activities.
- Perform ad-hoc queries to support DHS data-calls.
- Work with a small development team to assist in efficient query development.
- Maintain and monitor Db operations and auditing for FISMA compliance.
- Assists with reviewing new technologies and makes recommendations for future technology enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Requires strong SQL language skills for complex relational Db.
- Requires experience with PowerDesigner to maintain Db model (LDM, PDM ER diagrams) and design work.
- Requires experience with Linux shell commands for execution on AWS servers.
- PHP skills desired for development environment/execution.
- Must have good communications skills to tele-work with a remote team.
Must be able to obtain a DHS Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card after beginning employment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 2:43:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-CA-SACRAMENTO, United States-TX-DALLAS, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-UT-SALT LAKE CITY, United States-CA-SAN FRANCISCO, United States-CO-DENVER, United States-TX-HOUSTON, United States-PA-PITTSBURGH, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-FL-MIAMI, United States-CA-SAN JOSE, United States-CA-FLEXWORK, United States-CA-OAKLAND, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-PA-PHILADELPHIA, United States-NY-NEW YORK CITY, United States-FL-FORT LAUDERDALE, United States-FL-WEST PALM BEACH, United States-CA-PALO ALTO, United States-MI-DETROIT, United States-CA-LOS ANGELES, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-FL-JACKSONVILLE, United States-MA-BOSTON